Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mother’s Day

My wonderful hubby surprised me with a gorgeous necklace for Mother’s Day. He is so incredibly thoughtful and he planned and designed it himself. It has his and my birthstones at the top and our three boys birthstones below them. It is one of many things that he has done for me over the years that has truly touched my heart. He knows me so well.

I have to say this is one of my favorite holidays. Not for the gifts or recognition, just for the fact that I am blessed to be a mother. Having children was always my biggest dream and greatest honor. I have amazing sons and raising them has been the hardest yet most rewarding job ever. I can’t even describe the fierce love I have for them. I know it won’t be long before they are out of the house and on their own (they better make a great living too because they will be supporting dear old mom and dad!) and I treasure every hectic day we share together. I only hope that they will have fond memories and will always know how much I love them.

I have also been blessed to have the perfect role model in my own mother. She is everything I strive to be and sets such a good example. She works so hard but always find time to take care of everyone else. She’s fought some hard battles over the years and come out stronger and better than ever. She gave my brothers and I the best childhood possible. We had some bumps in the road as everyone does but mom taught us how to cope well and always gave us her love and support. We are an extremely close family and we have her to thank for that. Now my children are lucky enough to have her for a grandmother, possibly the only job she does even better than mothering. Possibly.

So I count my blessings this Mother’s Day and every day.  For the mother I have, for the husband who shared my dream of parenthood and for my children who gave me my greatest joy as I became a mother myself. Thank you to all of you. You are my everything. I love mom

4 comments:

  1. Your beautiful tribute to your family and especially your Mom brought tears to my eyes. You have been truly blessed to come from such a loving and caring family. I have no doubt that your sons feel the same way about you. You are such an incredible mother, wife and daugter and friend. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. I hope you had a wonderful day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post! I feel the same way- I am truly blessed to be the mom to three beautiful, healthy, active boys and Mother's Day gives me the chance to appreciate them all.

    Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not surprised that your husband would do such a nice thing for Mother's Day as you have always shown your priority is being a mom. I know your mom must be very proud of you as you are of her. In the few short weeks of becoming a grandmother, I have seen an even different dimension to mothering, especially having a son. I am of course loving being a grandma but what love and pride to watch MY BABY caring and loving HIS BABY. You wait until your boys bring you that gift, Debbie..it will make you burst with love and pride!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!