Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday Snapshot

 Saturday Snapshot is hosted by At Home with Books. To participate in this meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
What a week! We celebrated my grandmother's 94th birthday with family and friends.
The oldest and youngest family members of five generations.
~~~~~
Monkey Boy (grandson) got his first haircut from me and his mommy.
I miss his curls!
~~~~~
Monkey Boy spiked a fever and had a seizure in his daddy's arms. He got his first ambulance ride that night, again in his daddy's arms. (My boys have had too many ambulance rides but we are grateful we had them!) The doctors think it was because of the fever but his parents had to take him to a children's hospital two days later for an EEG to test his brain waves. We have to wait this very long weekend to get the results on Monday.
Tired boy in the ER.
~~~~~
On a happy note this is Monkey Boy the next morning after his bath.
Sweet boy knows how to pose!
~~~~~
And The Princess (granddaughter) had a great checkup at the dentist.
Sweet girl knows how to pose too! She needed the sunglasses because of the bright light.
~~~~~
We are hoping for a very boring week next week! I may even get to read a book and write a blog post. I hope you are all safe and warm and that Blizzard Nemo didn't hit your home.

10 comments:

  1. Those febrile seizures are so scary! I hope he's doing better now. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was scary but they did a great job getting help for him. My kids never had a seizure so it was a new experience for me!

      Delete
  2. Holy smokes! What a scare! Glad the little man is happy and on the mend! Good luck with the test results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He seems fine now and hasn't had much of a fever. Test results take forever!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could be that happy in the dentists chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy week! I hope y'all get good news on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping for the best♫ Happy birthday to your Grandmother♥
    Here's my SS: http://lore-eleven.blogspot.com/2013/02/icy-convex-mirror.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the test results are okay and that there's nothing to be concerned about. May he stay well.
    My dentist gives me sunglasses too. Those lights are bright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear about Monkey Boy's seizures. My cousin's little girl had them for a few years and had to be put on meds, but most kids outgrow them, she did and is off the medication. So, even if he has more he will most likely be fine. And I've done the EEG with Gage, what a stressful few hours that was! Hope all turns out well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!