Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So, I was just wondering…

Usually I use this opportunity to ask questions that pertain to blogging, reviewing, computer stuff, etc. That’s not a requirement, I just have so many questions that I haven’t even begun to branch out into any other areas yet!

Now that the holiday season is upon us, already, I just had to bring up the standard Thanksgiving topic about being thankful. We’ve definitely had our share of hardships in my family this last year but we are also incredibly blessed. I am so fortunate to have three wonderful sons that are my pride and joy, a hubby and mom who are especially supportive and family and friends who are always there for me. I also know that no matter how bad I feel about something there is always someone else who has it worse and needs more help that I do.

So, I was just wondering, what are you thankful for? What brings you happiness and peace? What are the blessings in your life? Thank you all for being so kind to me as I stumble through this blogging experience and may you all have a very happy Thanksgiving!

cartoon turkey

7 comments:

  1. Awe, Happy Turkey Day to you, too!

    I'm most thankful that I have a good job that I love, a roof over my head, food in my belly, the ability to buy junk (like Wii games and stuff), and most of all for my dear sweet husband...think I should have started with him, huh? Nope, I always save the best for last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!

    I am thankful for my husband and my pets who bring joy to my life daily. I have a home and I am well-fed. I am very thankful that I have a love for books and for reading them....and lastly, I am thankful for all of the wonderful friends that I have on Blogger. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Debbie!
    Great post!
    I am thankful for my husband and my catsand for the quiet, enjoyable life we have together and for all of my friends, the friends I have recently made here and the ones I have had for years.

    ~ Amy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess i am thankful for my Health....*crosses fingers*...that i've kept the Wolf from the door ..financially..this year...and that i have so many books in my house they are acting as Insulation!!
    Best to you and Yours!

    Jude

    ReplyDelete
  5. This time last year my husband was unemployed and life looked rather bleak. While he did not find a job for 4.5 months, we were able to make it and now he is happily (although not as gainfully) employed. I am very grateful for his job - and renewed optimistic view of life!

    I hope you and your family have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for my family and our good health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thankful for my family and my loving pups. I'm thankful to be healthy and employed and have new people to share my love of books with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!