Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stephanie Plum movie

I'm a little behind with the news since this was announced in February but I still had to post it here. Janet Evanovich's first book in the Stephanie Plum series One For The Money, is finally going to be a movie! According to this article from NYDailyNews.com it's been in the works since 1994 but didn't come about sooner because of casting issues. Supposedly Reese Witherspoon was to be the original Stephanie Plum character but Katherine Heigl (from Grey's Anatomy) has been signed for the part. That's not who I had pictured (Sandra Bullock maybe?) but according to the blurb in my local paper the author was happy with the choice. The books make me laugh and I hope the movie does too. Who would you choose for the lead role?

7 comments:

  1. That is definitely not who I pictured for the part - in fact, I was fairly outraged when it was announced. The news has settled in, so I'm not as bummed, but I'm just not convinced she can pull it off. We'll see, I guess. I'm really anxious to see who will play Ranger, Morelli, Lula, and Grandma Mazur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they need a young actress in case the movie is successful and they want to make more, but I can't really figure out who I think would be the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that I always pictured Sandra Bullock in the role of Stephanie. But then again, I first heard about this movie 8 or 9 years ago. I think she would have been perfect then. Now, hmm...maybe Heigl will be all right. I had heard way back when that they were considering The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) for Ranger. It'll be fun to see who else they cast in the supporting roles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds cool. I've never read these.

    Cool header :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heigl is not who I had pictured but I guess we'll just have to see how convincing of an actress she is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not who I would have pictured, either, but here's hoping it works out. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure she can pull it off, but am hopeful since the series is so much fun.
    I made my own dream cast back in 2008 if you want to check it out :)

    http://stacybuckeye.wordpress.com/2008/12/12/stephanie-plum-cast/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!