Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading and asks you to :

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3 . Share 2 "teaser" sentences also citing the title of the book and the author and in that way people can have great recommendations if they like the "teaser".
4. Please avoid spoilers!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Happy birthday? My pig-farmer boyfriend was in absentia, the county sheriff was the current cause of some very naughty thoughts, my drunk sister-in-law was passed out at my kitchen table, and my dead mother had sent me balloons. What else could a girl want?

~page 13
Lowcountry Summer by Dorothea Benton Frank


8 comments:

  1. LOL awesome teaser! Makes me want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My kind of book! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does not sound like a great birthday, but I do like the writing style. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesdays-the-blind-contessas-new-machine.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like she's certainly having an interesting day, haha.

    My teaser is a bit on the saucy side ;o)

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such an enjoyable book. I hope you liked it as much as I did. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!