Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading and asks you to :
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3 . Share 2 "teaser" sentences also citing the title of the book and the author and in that way people can have great recommendations if they like the "teaser".
4. Please avoid spoilers!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I try to imagine a world of natural humans, when twenty was youthful, when it was years from a death sentence.

Natural humans used to live for a least eighty years, my mother told me. Sometimes a hundred. I hadn't believed her.


~page 25
Wither by Lauren DeStefano

9 comments:

  1. Okay, I am officially teased. Now I need to learn about this book. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays-mohr.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the kind of book I usually read, but that's a really great teaser! Hope you're enjoying it.
    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh..great tease! This one is in my TBR right now...my interest is definitely peaked. Thanks for sharing...happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to dive into my copy of Wither. This is such a great teaser. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! I am currently reading this book as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teaser. It makes me wonder about the world she lives in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa. That's good. That sucked me right in.

    Here is my super dooper late TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this book. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!