Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Friday, February 24, 2012

JK Rowling's new book

Yay! I loved the Harry Potter books and can't wait to see what author JK Rowling has coming up next. In an announcement yesterday The Guardian reported that her next book will be for adults published by Little, Brown in the U.S. and U.K. Unfortunately not much else was revealed. The title, publication date and further details will be released later this year.

Rowling stated: "Although I've enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series … The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry's success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life."

I'm ready for it!
Photo: David Fisher/Rex Features


2 comments:

  1. A lot of people were tweeting that they weren't excited about this book, but I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much pressure! I don't see how it can possibly live up to expectations, but I am looking forward to seeing this next stage in her writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!