Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Monday, March 23, 2009

Mailbox Monday


~ March 23rd





Thank you to Marcia at the Printed Page.


Thursday 3/19
Everyone Is Beautiful by Katherine Center
Lanie has packed up her three small kids and moved across the country so her husband could become a musician. Years later she needs to find herself again and not just be the mom and wife.
- This was from the Library Thing Early Reviewer program.

Saturday 3/21
Afraid by Jack Kilborn
A helicopter crash near a small town has brought on unimaginable terror. The residents are being killed and only three people can stop it.
The 8th Confession by James Patterson
The 8th book in the Woman's Murder Club series. A killer has a taste for the super rich.
Busy Woman Seeks Wife
by Annie Sanders
A novel about every woman's fantasy - having a "wife" to run her life for her.
Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Anne Dayton and May Vanderbilt
#2 in The Miracle Girls series (YA). The girls have returned from summer break to start their sophomore year of high school. Anger issues may break up their friendships.
- These titles all came from Hatchette Books.


Used Book Sale
A Rose From The Dead (A Flower Shop Mystery) by Kate Collins
Abby is a law school dropout who bought herself a flower shop in her home town. Mysteries and murders tend to follow.
I found this at my library and was thrilled because I had found the first five in the set there last fall. I think there is a good chance it's from the same person. I'll just have to wait for her/him to keep reading and donating these books so I can buy them and read the whole series. I'll be waiting!


Library
Just After Sunset by Stephen King
His newest book of scary short stories.

20 comments:

  1. Looks like a good week for you :D
    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now the exciting decision is which one to start first! Good week, Debbie!

    My mailbox is Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - great books!

    I have recently started reading my library copy of Just After Sunset -- my first Stephen King ever. Unfortunately I have to return it on Wednesday, so I'm not sure how many stories I will get read :(

    THANK YOU so very much for the award -- I am truly honored. I will boast (blog) about it shortly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I'm a bit jealous, lol.

    My MM is up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom is currently reading 8th confession for review on my blog. the other books look interesting too.

    happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great week! I'm looking forward to reading Everyone Is Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some really good books. I am waiting for the 8th confession to come in. My MM post is up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good week, I have the Patterson book too, I hope its a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just Before Sunset is a great read...it moves quickly and the stories are fascinating! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great selections, Wrighty! I had a good week last week so maybe I should start posting a Mailbox Monday but for now I am diving into THE 8th CONFESSION...I love that series....hope you like it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I simply LOVED Everyone is Beautiful - posted my review on Friday - hope you enjoy it as much as I did!! :)

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending an award your way! You can check it out here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mailbox. Everyone is Beautiful is a great read. I'll have a review of it up on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Getting books is always good. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had a good week for books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to check out Stephen King's short story book! I used to read him all the time.

    I have given you an award - stop by here and check it out!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you got some really intersting books in the mail. I'm going to add a few of those books to my rapidly growing to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also have Everyone Is Beautiful and The 8th Confession. Hope you enjoy all your new books!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd like to read some more Stephen King short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for stopping by the mailbox this week. I read 'Everyone is beautiful' last year and really liked it. I just finished 'Afraid' earlier this week and you'll need an iron cast stomach to get through it. I liked it but then I'm a fan of horror. I can't watch but I can read it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!