Wednesday, June 3, 2009
We have our winners! Lots of 'em!
I did it! I spent hours figuring it out but I came up with the FIFTEEN winners who will each receive a set of FIVE books!
Here's a few fun facts:
- There were 170 total entries counting bonus entries.
- I used 5 sheets of notebook paper, front and back, to figure out all of those entries. (I had to write them out on a master list and give everyone numbers then sort them by categories so everyone could be entered in the sets they were trying for then draw the 5 winning numbers for each of the 3 sets then match the numbers to the master list and check to make sure I had the right numbers in the right places...)
- It took hours. And hours.
- The first person to enter was one of the winners.
- The third from the last person to enter, just 6 hours before the contest ended, was a winner.
**- The last person to enter was a winner.
- Several of the wins were from the bonus entries.
**- THREE people had their entry chosen and then had their bonus entry chosen after. In theory, two of those people won twice for the same set and the other won for two sets! Since each person can only win one set that second entry was tossed and the next number determined another winner.
- 3 people didn't leave their email address. It wasn't a problem for one because their comment linked to their blog where I easily found their email address. I don't mind that at all. I would hate to have someone miss out because they forgot their email address. The other two entries were a different story. As anonymous posters or posters who have a name linked to a profile but nothing else, I have no way to contact them. I'm sorry that those had to be eliminated but I tried to find them first with no luck. The next numbers were the new winners.
- I checked and rechecked stuff. A lot.
- There were very few names repeated in the entries. Although I'm sure we have a lot of common names, there are some very clever and original screennames.
**- There are 15 winners but there have been 27 names drawn due to people winning from another site, duplicates being drawn or no contact information. Fortunately, I saved the sequence of numbers from random.org so it's very easy to just move down the line to the next winner. I appreciate people letting me know and passing on the books so others get to read them too!
Now, you probably want to know who the winners are, right?
(**Edited to add three new winners)
#1) The Mother's Day set
* Anonymous (patricjames as the beginning of the email)
(** MJ already won this and is passing it on.)
(** ewalsh won this already and is passing it on.)
#2) The Latino Book set
* Kitten 22
* Sue W.
(**Bingo already won this and is passing it on.)
#3) The Asian Heritage Month set
* Marie Button
Special note - these people all won too but were generous enough to pass them on because they had previously won the same set at another giveaway.
* Bridget3420 (You must have great luck! I see your name as a winner all over the place!)
Congratulations everyone and thanks so much for participating! A new contest will be starting very soon. I've sent emails to all of the winners. If you see this first you're welcome to contact me at:
Please send me your mailing addresses so I can pass them on to the generous folks at Hatchette Books.