Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading and asks you to :
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3 . Share 2 "teaser" sentences also citing the title of the book and the author and in that way people can have great recommendations if they like the "teaser".
4. Please avoid spoilers!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Children, toddlers especially, have boundless energy with which they can torture their parents. Hell, if all I had to do all day was color, watch Blue's Clues, eat a snack and nap, I'd have boundless energy, too. But no, I am the one getting out the crayons, trying to keep my children from consuming the crayons, picking up broken crayons and putting away the crayons. (And while I'm on the subject, why don't those folks at Crayola either add some vitamins and minerals or make them taste bad? My kids love eating them and I'm tired of telling them no and having to buy more. Put up or shut up, Crayola. Fortify them or make them taste bad. This isn't rocket science.)

 ~page 134 (ebook)
 Ketchup is a Vegetable: And Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves by Robin O' Bryant
 

5 comments:

  1. LOL, sounds like a fun one :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! I like the sounds of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a riot! I had a hard time choosing just one teaser!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!