Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Snapshot

 Saturday Snapshot is hosted by At Home with Books. To participate in this meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few months ago my mom had to have her dog, Mickey, put to sleep because of a cancerous tumor that had started in his leg and spread through his body. He was a seven year-old golden retriever and such a sweetie. My mom was broken-hearted and we miss him. She decided to get another puppy and brought home this little fuzz ball in early July. His name is Moe, he's a big ham and loves posing when I get out the camera! These are a few favorites from our photo sessions.
Happy boy in my new home!
Aren't I soooo cute?
It's been a hot summer and I'm lucky to have a pool
Look how much I've grown in one month!
 

23 comments:

  1. I seriously do not know if I have ever observed a more adorable, somehow human-eyed dawgie!
    So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is pretty adorable and golden retrievers have such expressive eyes. We have one named Allie and she can melt your heart!

      Delete
  2. Oh, isn't he gorgous! My Snapshots were taken at a mysterious stone circle http://goo.gl/8P0Zp

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous pup. And you shot him well too especially love the second one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much to take his picture. He even smiles for me!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, he's so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is precious! Love his eyes...they do look as though he is connecting with us. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very smart, and very spoiled! (kind of)
      He's learned how to work us already and uses those eyes quite effectively. :D

      Delete
  6. AWW so cute =) And looks like he is a fast grower!! So sorry about Mickey, that is always so tough to go through.
    Here is my Saturday Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always tough to lose a pet. And it's really hard to make that trip to the vet to have them put to sleep. I've left that place empty-handed and in tears several times myself. I would still never be without a pet though!

      Delete
  7. aww, that puppy is adorable! Super cute pictures too, thanks for sharing, Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! There's nothing to help with a broken heart like a cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, he's so cute! Retrievers are good dogs where family are concerned. Daughter and son-in-law have one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want Moe! He could be a puppy model, for sure. I just want to snuggle him up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moe looks so innocent. A puppy is playful, bubbly and sometimes just sits.
    Very nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous color Moe is and just so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG...nothing cuter than a little pup like this:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moe is just adorable. And I'm sure he will be good therapy for a broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cutie!! I sure don't miss the puppy days! We have two yellow labs 9 and 10 years old. They have settled down quite a bit in the last year or so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!