Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Stuff happens

I've been a bit behind here but sometimes life gets in the way. My youngest kid started a new job this week(yay!) but it's two hours away and he has no place to live yet (boo!). We have family and friends nearby so he has places to stay and we will figure it out. He's enjoying a few days with his favorite cousin in his college apartment. I'm glad I'm not a fly on one of those walls! A little bit of illness and family stuff has also kept me out of the loop. Now I need to catch up a bit. I have reviews coming right up and a giveaway or two. I really need to clean my shelves and share some of my books. They are piling up! And I need to visit my friends here in blogland.

We had a long winter and a few weeks ago we suddenly had beautiful hot days in the 80s. Some of my flowers finally blossomed and I had my annual "ceremony" to put out The Hammock. (I really need to name that thing, it's like one of my children or maybe just a really, really good friend.) We apparently skipped right over spring and jumped straight into summer. For a week. Then last weekend it got cold again and we had SNOW for a few minutes. Ugh. Yesterday spring came back and we have sunshine and sandal weather. I'm reading a great book and I'm heading outside.

I hope you had a very happy Mother's Day! All of my boys and the grandkiddos were here for a casual day and Hubby made a terrific dinner for us all. I also have the very best mom in the whole world! I'm a lucky lady!!
This is how we set the table at my house! The Princess and Monkey Boy helped Grandpa with dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. They are just so adorable! Hannah Hammock? I think you need to name your hammock too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life can get busy, can't it? A great name for your hammock could be Stacy's Envy. That kind of sound like a race horse name!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!