Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Love these libraries!

I saw the link for this on Shelf Awareness (3/27/12) and it brought up a great article Reused Libraries Rejuevenate Communities. In the last few years a trend has developed where buildings that were originally used for something else have been renovated into new libraries. The results are quite unique, often save the area money and preserve a bit of history. These are just two examples from the article. Wouldn't you love to visit and just curl up with a good book?
This library was converted from an old barn in New Hampshire
Can you tell that this library in California was formerly a roller rink?

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love to see abandoned spaces given new life like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. Are either of these close to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't they look wonderful? No they aren't near me, I live in NY state. I saw these pics on line and had to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love that roller rink library. I wonder where in California it is. I would love to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!