Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Close Ups answers #16


I just spent five days with my favorite aunt. She only lives two hours away but we don't always get enough time together. Two years ago she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. She has had her ups and downs and it's not curable but she is currently doing well (knock wood). My mom (her sister) has had an  incurable form of leukemia for eighteen years and cancer is a biggie on that side of the family. Fortunately we have some tough chicks and I am amazed and inspired by their courage and strength.

I had a wonderful visit and it was great to have girl time. We didn't watch much TV or use computers but we talked a lot, read a lot, lounged and were lazy. I missed home very much but am so glad I got to go and I look forward to doing it again. Precious moments with a very special person!

Now I'm back to blogging. So did you guess what this was?











 Answer: My mailbox!



A point goes to:
Enbrethiliel
bermudaonion
Kaye
stacybuckeye

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to visit your aunt. Family is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really enjoyed it and I'm lucky to have a terrific family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl down-time is the best. As are inspiring women!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!