Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My life


Hard times have hit my household and it has us in a bit of a tizzy. Three weeks ago my husband had a sudden death in his family and the funeral and all that goes with it was an interesting mess to say the least. Family drama and all that... Then last week Hubby went back to work after his lunch break and was informed that a business decision had been made and he was being let go from his job as an assistant manager of 14 years. He lost all of his benefits and our family health insurance was cut off the next day. I have been disabled for several years due to chronic illnesses and pain syndromes and have never been able to return to my job.The government shut down has also made it hard to access some of the different agencies we need to contact for various things. It's so frustrating!

I'm not sure why I'm sharing this since you are my book buddies and I don't share much personal information here. Maybe just to vent. And because you are all so kind and fun to chat with. We will get through this, it's not the worst thing that's happened to us and we do count our blessings every day. I'm optimistic that we will come out of this better than before. Although we are scrambling to reorganize our lives and make new plans, I am looking forward to getting back to reading and blogging. I have lots to catch up on here. I have books to read, reviews to post and a giveaway coming right up. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope you are all well and enjoying a peaceful and happy Autumn. Thanks for listening.

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that! Your husband's ex-company sounds evil. I didn't think they were allowed to cut benefits so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are wondering about that too and checking into it.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you're going through a rough time right now! I hope things start looking up again real soon. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! I know things will get better. :)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes venting a bit helps, and I am glad to see an optimistic note to your post too. Take care and I hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to vent at times but I am also optimistic. Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Debbie, I can't even begin to tell you how much I feel for you. Hopefully, things will turn around quickly. This current administration has much to answer for. Prayers and hugs on the way to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thanks so much for your support ,Kaye! I've been meaning to check in with you to see how you and your family have been. I know things will get better. Our issues have nothing to do with current administration, it's personal and family drama. But as the saying goes "karma is a bitch!". We will come out ahead.

      Delete
  5. +JMJ+

    Debbie, I'm very sorry to read this. =( When it rains, it pours, aye? I hope that you and your entire family find the strength you need to get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sending hugs your way during this stressful time. I've never heard of them cutting off insurance so fast. Poo on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy! I'll take all the hugs I can get. "Poo on them" is my sentiment too!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!