Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Monday, March 16, 2009

Mailbox Monday


~ March 16th

Thank you to host Marcia at The Printed Page

sb10067729n-003

Monday 3/9
~Keeper of Light and Dust by Natasha Mostert
from A Novel Menageri for upcoming Mini Book Tour in April. My blog is 4/14. Thank you Sheri!
A fast paced, highly evocative supernatural thriller that blends magic, science, martial arts and the desire to live forever.

Wednesday 3/11
~Mischief Maker's Manual by Sir John Hargrave
from Penguin through Shelf Awareness. Thank you!
A manual to help you create magnificent mischief that's never cruel but has pranks that are always funny and creative. (Childrens non-fiction)


Friday 3/13
~A Taste of Magic by Tracy Madison
from a contest at The Novel Girls, autographed copy. Thank you Tracy!
A fun, quirky story of a woman who receives a gift of gypsy magic from her grandmother on the day her bakery will be making a wedding cake for her cheating ex-husband.


Used Book Sale
~Talk of the Town by Karen Hawkins
A prim and proper southern belle goes blond, gets a tattoo and new clothes and prepares to live it up back in her hometown after a divorce from her loser husband.
~The Chocolate Jewel Case by Joanna Carl
A Chocoholic Mystery - A pair of newlyweds are trying to overcome a crisis in their chocolate shop when they unexpectedly receive four houseguests from hell, their town has a heist and a body turns up in the lake.

15 comments:

  1. The Chocolate Jewel Case . . . yumm - you had me at Chocolate! :) I've got to run and raid my hidden stash!!

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read all the Joanna Carl books and that series is wonderful! One of my favorites. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a magical week!
    The chocolate book does sound great.
    My mailbox is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some good books this week :)

    Here is my Mail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some nice books you got. I am hoping to the get one from SA. BTW don't know if you saw on my blog but you won a book. The Mrs meyers book. Can you please send me your mailing addy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of Keeper of Light & Dust! Mostert's last book, Season of the Witch, was gorgeous. Congrats on a great mailbox week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I told some other blog pals, I am going to try to do MM next Monday. I got so many books this week I can't remember. It is such fun to add to my TBR pile and build up the stress of so little time to read and so much I want to get to!
    QUESTION: when did you start your blog? For some reason I thought it was at the same time as me in beginning of January but I am probably wrong. If it was, what is it you do that I am doing wrong? You have so many awards, followers, etc...I just can't seem to generate enough traffic--yeah I know I am having a pity party but just wondered if you have any tips. Thanks! and yes, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great list of books this week. I also received Keeper of Light and Dust! Here's my mailbox: http://savvyverseandwit.blogspot.com/2009/03/mailbox-monday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to look into Mischief Maker, it sounds like it might be good for my imp of a nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got The Mischief Maker's Manual too. The Chocolate Jewel Case sounds good. Well, anything chocolate sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for stopping by the mailbox this week. My wish list is growing as I just added 'The Chocolate Jewel Case' by Joanna Carl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had a great week. Like the titles, especially when they mention mischief and chocolate! ;) Happy reading!


    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!