Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Monday, January 9, 2012

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday (started at The Printed Page and now a traveling meme) is at At Home With Books this month and is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count, eBooks & audio books do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

No books arrived in the mail last week but I did get more free ebooks for my Nook and way too many from the library. They are just so hard to resist!! I have some great books of my own that are sitting lonely on the shelf waiting patiently for me to read them. I really must stop taking advantage of them and spend some quality time together. I hope you had a great week at your house!

8 comments:

  1. I just got one physical book and loads of digital books. Sheesh, I don't think I'll live long enough to read all that I've stockpiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your week of reading.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/mailbox-monday_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow weeks are good for catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep downloading all these free Nook books. I can't imagine being able to finish them in this lifetime. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to be a bit more selective with the books coming in but so far I am failing miserably!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie,

    I have so many bookcases all over the house, crammed full of books waiting to be read.

    By the time I actually get around to reading them (if I ever do!) some of them will have become classics!

    I never hold onto a book once it is read, so I know that these are all books that have never been opened by me.

    I seem to have been getting a steady stream of author requests to read and review just lately and out of good manners I feel that these should always take priority.

    I should just cull my shelves, but the thought of all those books disappearing out the door, without having been read .... NO, I just can't do it ...

    Enjoy your date with your own books and thanks for stopping by Fiction Books, it is nice to 'meet' you.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free ebooks are so tempting and so much fun! I love that I have a library of classics that can go with me anywhere on my kindle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!