Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading and asks you to :
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3 . Share 2 "teaser" sentences also citing the title of the book and the author and in that way people can have great recommendations if they like the "teaser".
4. Please avoid spoilers!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I did my teaser a bit differently this week but these were too fun not to share!
 "In 1997, I picked up a discarded grocery list at a St. Louis supermarket. I found it to be a fascinating glimpse into a stranger’s life and decided to pick them up whenever I found one. In 2000, I posted my collection of about 40 lists to the web. By 2004 I had about 500. In early 2006 I started working on a book about these lost lists and by the time it was published in May 2007, there were 1,600 lists on the site (with thousands more yet to be scanned and posted). Now there are more than 3,000.
The book features about 300 of the best: The funniest, the weirdest, the saddest, the strangest, the unhealthiest and more. Simply put, it is a strange, fascinating and hilarious look at other peoples’ discarded grocery lists." ~Bill Keaggy
  Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost And Found by Bill Keaggy
www.milkeggsvodka.com
www.grocerylists.org

5 comments:

  1. this is awesome! Thanks for sharing! here is my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the list for dinner with the in laws lol

    My teaser http://paranormalbookfan.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea posting these. I lost my list on Saturday and retraced my steps, I finally found it in a box of seed potatoes!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!