Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading and asks you to :
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3 . Share 2 "teaser" sentences also citing the title of the book and the author and in that way people can have great recommendations if they like the "teaser".
4. Please avoid spoilers!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
It was bad, really bad and the longer it went on the more I wanted to beg her to stop, please stop, because my Gran would never scare me like this, would never leave me standing here in shock, lost, shaking and near tears without  opening her arms and holding me safe. This gaunt, twisted old lady with the messy hair and stone face, this silent woman hunched over in the wheelchair was a stranger, someone I didn't know, could never know...
~page 159
How It Ends by Laura Wiess 

9 comments:

  1. That teaser sounds both scary and slightly depressing as well. I'm adding this book to my TBR list.

    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this sounds like a very sad book.

    Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays-3-teasers-for-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, but sad teaser! My Teaser Tuesday is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creepy teaser!

    Here's mine:

    http://thecrookedword.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's a really frightening teaser.
    Mine is funny: http://iousex.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-jan-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie,

    Your teaser lines are so poignant and emotional, and unfortunately are feelings that I can relate to oh! so well.

    My mother has been left more or less as described in your excerpt for many years, as a result of Multiple Sclerosis and my two nieces have much the same thoughts about their grandmother, as does the person in your story.

    I can appreciate the fear and trepidation they both feel when visiting with her, although it is inherently sad to see.

    Thanks for sharing such moving words.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!