Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This is my life!






I kid you not, these people are writing about my family! These were in my local newspaper during the last week. Not 10 minutes before I read the last one my three sons ages 20 (that still kills me), 18 and 15 were all draped across the furniture watching a Jerry Springer repeat or something else equally entertaining but in no way educational. They decided, as a unit apparently, that they were suddenly "starving" and why didn't we ever have any food? I quickly thrust this in front of their faces after I saw it but they didn't find it nearly as entertaining as their father and I did. If you have teenagers, are related to any, know any or ever were one, you know what I'm talking about.


4 comments:

  1. I totally get this! Why is it that if their FAVORITE, EASY food isn't in the fridge that suddenly we have NO FOOD? Lazy butts. I rarely even cook for them anymore... but, when I do... I make like tons of it so that they can left-over themselves to death!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have children yet, but that's always my favorite comic strip in the paper! It's just so funny and true to life (which just makes it funnier).

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my brothers used to live in the bathtub. He'd read, do whatever - for hours at a time.We still joke that his perfect bathroom would have a huge tub that ran hot water all the time and a flat screen tv on the ceiling:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite cartoons. I don't know where Jeremy got all the laundry, I have never seen him in anything but the plaid shirt. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!