Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I have been lazy, hence I make excuses


(**OOPS! I screwed up! I left off the person who sent this to me. I have since corrected it. Thank you Popinfresh!)

I've been tagged for a Meme by Popinfresh at Popin's Lair and it's appropriately titled, "I have been lazy, hence I make excuses." When I first saw the name of this meme I wondered if my laziness was really showing. I have a bunch of books that I want to read, but like the meme says I've been lazy. Enough about that, here is how this meme works:

1) You have to give at least two excuses. More the merrier. Your excuses can be real serious one or very wacky ones.

2) Tag as many as you want, but not less than seven.

3) And try tagging bloggers you only occasionally visit. You want to be a regular visitor but you can't. (Remember the excuses?!) It is important to involve everyone, even those in the peripherals of our own narrow vision. Also you gotta tell them about the tagging. How else will they know?

4) Spread the word, by hook or crook. (Optional). I am not an ogre, you know!

5) Do link me (Gautami, the originator) in your post along with that person who tags you. That way I can keep a tab of how far and wide it spreads.

Ooh, fun! Although I'm not usually lazy about my reading. In fact, I'm tend to be lazy about everything else so that I can read. I'm going to change it just a little bit. So these are my lazy excuses for reading and reviewing my ARCs.

1) I'm not always speedy about posting my reviews. Sometimes my narcolepsy kicks in and I fall asleep on my keyboard. I've woken up many times with keys z, a, s, x and 1 imprinted (backwards!) on my face.
2) I have so much laundry to do. I always have laundry to do.
3) My booklight batteries died.
4) I'm still trying to get my internet to connect and the pages to load... dial-up connection! ARG!!
5) I'm still doing laundry.
6) My kids have a game, and then a parent/teacher conference, and then a fund raiser...
7) My active social life keeps me so busy. (I'm laughing myself silly over that one!)
8) I could go on and on but I seem to be getting sleepy again ZZZzzzzzzz.......


This was such fun that I'm going to leave it open to anyone else who would like to participate in this hilarious meme!

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I would share a couple of excuses for not paying a bill. Yes, in another life I worked as a bill collector and I swear I have heard some crazy excuses. One man told me he mailed his payment but the snowplow hit the mail drop box, it rolled down the hill and fell into a pond. What, you can't write another check! Another guy told me he had been bitten by a snake and still couldn't hold a pen and then there was the woman who had just had her teeth ground down for caps and couldn't leave the house and then .......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!