Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Create your own YA cover!

This was fun!! I could have played with this forever but I finally had to stop. It was so interesting to have the random title. author name and photo come together. There were other photos that I would have rather used but I played by the rules. This was still a good one but I didn't have much use for the newspaper she was holding. So, how did I do?

Other blogs with great covers:
Karen's Book Nook
Book Reviews by Jess
A Lush Budget Production
The Story Siren

Create Your Debut YA Cover:

1. Go to “Fake Name Generator” or click http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

2. Go to “Random Word Generator” or click http://www.websitestyle.com/parser/randomword.shtml

The word listed under “Random Verb” is your title.

3. Go to “FlickrCC” or click http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/index.php

Type your title into the search box. The first photo that contains a person is your cover.

4. Use Photoshop, Picnik, or similar to put all together. Be sure to crop and/or zoom in.

5. Post it to your site along with this text.




4 comments:

  1. I found this on another site and did it. It was a riot. Yeah, I could have spent lots of time doing that too. My word was Fish and when I put that into the photo thingy I got a woman's face with bulging eyes and pursed lips. She actually resembled a gold fish close to the bowl edge. How r u anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that!?! Love the hot pink title and author name. And Wille? That's an unique name! It does look YA too!

    Thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover!!! It totally works! It was fun doing that little meme

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!