Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading and asks you to :
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3 . Share 2 "teaser" sentences also citing the title of the book and the author and in that way people can have great recommendations if they like the "teaser".
4. Please avoid spoilers!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(I love to take photos and am always looking for ways to get better results. I found a couple of great books at the library recently and this one was a favorite.)
Make photos of people near famous statues or well-known landmarks special. Find an unexpected point of view, long depth of field, or humorous interactions with the landmark.
Photograph friends engaged with the destination, not just staring at you. Photograph them looking at the view, inspecting the flowers, or pointing the way instead of just smiling at you.
~ page 344 (Photographing People You Do Know section)
Complete Photography from National Geographic

13 comments:

  1. sounds like a good advice! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a must have book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love photography so I am so glad that I stopped by!!

    New follower here (:

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun hobby isn't it? Thanks for being a new follower. I just visited your blog as well. :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like an interesting and useful book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eldest son is a photographer living in Europe...and he has the knack for doing just that.

    It's fun to see things from different perspectives and make them unique.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an amazing career your son must have! I bet he does beautiful work!

      Delete
  6. Sounds good, enjoy!

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my little digital point-and-shoot, and I'm always experimenting with ways to improve my photos. This sounds like a great book with lots of helpful advice. Thanks for the teaser.
    My Teaser is from The Warden's Lantern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any kind of camera is fun to use. I just enjoy looking for new ideas to get great photos!

      Delete
  8. That's good advice but the problem is to get people do do stuff without them looking stiff and zombielike :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!