Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cold, cold, cold...

When I woke up this morning it was 4 degrees outside (feels like -2 with wind chill) and 54 degrees inside. On the coldest day of this winter (so far) our furnace quit working! Fortunately, Hubby is a manager at a heating/plumbing/lumber store and was a carpenter before that. He is extremely extraordinarily handy. He figured it out in no time and although it took a little longer than that to fix it, fix it he did! It's getting warmer and almost downright cozy in here. I've even been able to take off one of my coats. Is it wrong that watching Hubby restore heat to our cold, cold house is a turn on? Thank you to the sexiest man in the world!!!

*Update - The furnace quit again! Hubby had to come home from work for the third time today and put in a new motor. Luckily my youngest son had just gotten home from his job so he helped. I'm pretty handy but not that handy.  Fortunately all three of my boys are like their dad - they can fix vehicles, build things, weld stuff, etc. I never could get them to pick up their dirty socks but they are incredibly handy too! It's getting warmer now and I think I can take my coat off. Fingers crossed that this does the trick!
Awesome grandpa!

4 comments:

  1. Whew! Of course it would go out when it's THAT cold! It's supposed to be cold here Friday but I'll be at my mom's where it will be a balmy 72 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I envy you! I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowzer! I can't even remember how cold 2 degrees is. It must have been brutal losing your heat when it's that cold out. Like having our A/C die in July. Blech!!

    Good thing your hubby is so handy. Love his hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handy men are definitely sexy :) You are lucky to be married to one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!