Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Monday, January 14, 2013

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday (started at The Printed Page and now a traveling meme) is at Lori’s Reading Corner this month and is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count, eBooks & audio books do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Boy, it's been a while since I've done this and I've got plenty of things to catch up on. December is always so hectic than when the holidays are over I just veg out and have a hard time getting back into the rhythm of ... everything. I did get some goodies in the last month that were mostly ebooks. Even with the hundreds I already have I still can't resist some of the free ones but I've cut way back! Here's some of what I got recently. I hope Santa brought you plenty of good books too!

The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell
Won from Curl Up and Read (arc)
Who's Spying on You? by Sofge & Coburn
For review from Sterling Publishing (arc)
Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz
Free from Barnes & Noble (ebook)
From Notting Hill With Love...Actually by Ali McNamara
Free from Barnes & Noble (ebook)
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
From PaperBack Swap (hardcover)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
For review from Macmillan (arc)
 Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins
Free from Barnes & Noble (ebook)

16 comments:

  1. I saw From Notting Hill With Love Actually on goodreads a while back and actually fell in love with the title. No idea if the book itself is any goods, but with such I cute title I want to read it no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the title too, and the cover! It was a free ebook from B&N so I had to get it. Hopefully it's still free!

      Delete
  2. I do want to read The Death of Bees; enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read great things about The Death of Bees. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too and have been very curious about it! Now I just have to work it into my TBR pile. Ha!

      Delete
  4. ENJOY your new books. Love your snowy mailbox too.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's our new mailbox (minus the Wrighty's Reads of course!). I hope a snowplow doesn't take it out this winter!

      Delete
  5. Looks like some good ones. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like some great books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got The Death of Bees too. Not sure when I'll get to it but . . . . Enjoy all your new books, Debbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice variety. I think everyone but me has a copy of Death of Bees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really do want to read the Riggs book. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh! You haven't read Blue Bloods? I read the first 3 of those books ages ago which reminds me... I need to read the rest of the series haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read Death of Bees but you have lots of others that look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am soooo jealous that you have the ARC of Scarlet. I loved Cinder and look forward to reading Scarlet at some point too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!