Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading and asks you to :
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3 . Share 2 "teaser" sentences also citing the title of the book and the author and in that way people can have great recommendations if they like the "teaser".
4. Please avoid spoilers!
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Scary Mommy Manifesto
Please solemnly recite the following before proceeding:
*I shall maintain a sense of humor about all things motherhood, for without it, I recognize that I may end up institutionalized. Or, at the very least, completely miserable.
* I shall not judge the mother in the grocery store who, upon entering, hits the candy isle and who doles out M&Ms to her screaming toddler. It is simply a survival mechanism.
*
*
*I shall try my hardest to never say never, for I may end up with a loud mouthed, bikini-clad, water gun-shooting toddler of my own.
*I shall remember that no mother is perfect and that my children will thrive because of, even in spite of, me.

~pages 9 & 10
Confessions of a Scary Mommy by Jill Smokler
It's a riot!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really funny book. Good teaser.
    My Teaser is from ORPHAN TRAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally sounds like my kind of book! I would definitely be institutionalized if I didn't learn to laugh at my toddler who dumped an entire jar of jelly into his pants.
    Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesday-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this checked out - despite the fact that I'm not a mother. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!