Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Snapshot

 Saturday Snapshot (originally hosted by At Home with Books) is now hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads. To participate in this meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 My youngest son is 20 years-old and a few months ago got a great job 2 hours away as a welder. He loves it and is quite happy but it's a bit unnerving when your baby boy sends this photo home!


Yep, he's high off the ground and I don't like it one bit. But I'm very proud of him and trust him to stay safe and work hard. And I hope and pray - a lot!

On a lighter note, we took The Princess to her first dance class this week. She's taking tap and ballet and loved it! Grandpa and Monkey Boy went for a walk while I waited. I made the kiddos pose first, of course. That's what grandmas do!


14 comments:

  1. Isn't family challenging?! Yes - we have to breathe through the scarey parts as well as the light parts. All joy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will always be scary parts. I just try not to think about them and bask in the lighter parts!

      Delete
  2. Of course...pictures come before anything else, since we know what mischief and dirt kids can get into.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    That high place is pretty scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your son and grand daughter are both graceful in their own way, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sons should not sure everything with us mamas, I think! Adorable grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute photos. It must be hard for a fellow when your sister wants to kiss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would make me nervous too - I'm petrified of heights. I'm sure he knows what he's doing. I loved the photos of the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is much braver than me!
    Love the photos of your Gkids!! They are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes it's good to not know things! Or not see them! He looks pretty calm up there. Cute photo of the grandkids, The Princess looks so excited to be going to dance class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your son's job does seem scary, but it's a great photo of him - and we have to let our children make their own way in life, eben though we wprry! My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/1SXA7W - still on my 'other' blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT on your son's job, but it would be a bit unnerving for me.

    Adorable kids.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally understand about a boy up high! My son is an arborist and climbs very tall trees for a living! thank goodness he always ties himself in! The grandkids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that photo of your son! He is brave and obviously good at what he does. Good job, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The grandkids' photos are adorable. I got dizzy just looking at your son's photo. Yow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!