Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Monday, May 25, 2009

Review: Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich




A Stephanie Plum
Between-the-Numbers novel






This isn't so much a review as a guarantee to laugh out loud. If you're familiar with the Stephanie Plum series this is a Between-the-Numbers story. If you haven't read any of the sagas of this New Jersey bounty hunter who can't stay out of trouble, what are you waiting for? Stephanie, her dysfunctional family and her even screwier coworkers will always entertain.

Plum Spooky brings back Diesel, one of the mysterious men in Stephanie's life, to take her on another unforgettable adventure. Her friend Lula comes along for the ride and so does a monkey named Carl. (In my opinion he needs to become a regular cast member!) Along the way they meet up with The Easter Bunny, Sasquatch (or two), more monkeys...

I finished this earlier today while sitting on the porch on a beautiful sunny day. It was the perfect setting to relax and giggle. And book #15 comes out next month. I'll be waiting!

3 comments:

  1. I love the "number" books, but for some reason haven't read any of the "between the number" books. I need to rectify that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I swear my face hurt from laughing so much. Hubby kept giving me those looks, like it can't be THAT funny. Yes, it can! You're right, Carl should definitely become a full time member. Can you imagine him with Grandma Mazur on one of her jaunts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved carl in this novel...fantastic review...I had a great time on the commute with this novel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!