Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cover Attraction - April 22

This is a fun weekly meme hosted by Marcia at Printed Page. Pick a cover and come join us!


Mating Rituals of the North American WASP
by Lauren Lipton

After arguing with her live-in boyfriend about his inability to commit, Peggy Adams flies to a friend's bachelorette party in Las Vegas, and wakes up next to a man she can't remember. Hung-over and miserable, she sneaks out of the sleeping man's hotel room and returns home to New York, where her boyfriend apologizes for the fight and gives her a Tiffany box containing a pre-engagement ring. Not what she expected, but close enough! The next day she receives a phone call from the Las Vegas one-night stand, Luke, claiming she's already married to him¬-and he faxes her the license for proof! Both are ready for an annulment, until Peggy arrives in quaint New Nineveh, CT, where Luke cares for his Great Aunt, and the old woman makes Peggy an offer she can't refuse.
(from Hatchette Books)

I should be receiving this soon and I really look forward to it. This is a very simple cover but the bright colors really got my attention. For me it also conveys a certain lifestyle. Growing up in the 70's and 80's this was one of the fads we had in high school. It was called the "preppy look" among my friends. It was cool to have a polo shirt with an alligator on it. I even had some socks! For us it was a fad but for so many it was (and is) a lifestyle. I could never afford it!

FICTION
Publisher: Hatchette Books
Format:TRADE PAPERBACK
Publish Date:5/29/2009
US/Can Price:$13.99/$15.50
Pages:368

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's an eye-catching cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours certainly catch the eye.

    I thought you might like another award I have passed on the Lemonade stand award. You can get it here. Thanks for you comments and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie: Thanks for visiting my blog and the compliment on my page. After I look at some of the other blog pages on here, I think "Why didn't I do that with mine?" I was going to change my page, but my husband says I should leave it...it is what I picked originally, and it describes who I am, what colors I like, etc.
    Doesn't that book sound good? I can't wait to read it...June can't get here soon enough. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I love your cover attraction pick! That green happens to be one of my favorite summer colors, and I love the little embroidery of the cocktail on the shirt...cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the title and the story reminds me of What Happens In Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to this one as well...I love the color of the cover...very bright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this cover also. Like you, it was the bright colors that caught my attention right away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like an interesting book. I'm going to add it to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!