Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cover Attractions - April 8th

Cover Attraction is a weekly meme hosted by Marcia at Printed Page. I am so attracted to a good cover so this is the meme for me! Join the fun!


Reunion by Therese Fowler

I LOVE this cover. I found it recently on an author interview at Yankee Romance Reviewers 3/24/09. I haven't read her books yet but I plan to do that as soon as I can get my hands on them. The beach, the color yellow and a book. What more could I ask for? Only my hammock to read it in. I loved it so much I made this my background for my computer's desktop. It's been a looong winter.

"Because I'm relatively new on the scene (Reunion is my second book), people I meet who haven't yet read my first book, Souvenir, often ask me what my books are about. It sounds like such a simple question, doesn't it? The answer, though, is a little more complex. I write stories that are about family, about choices and consequences, about mistakes and secrets and redemption, and ultimately about love in all its forms. In the year since Souvenir was first out in hardcover, I've been compared to Kristin Hannah, Sara Gruen, Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, Anna Quindlen, Barbara Delinsky—and others, but you get the picture. That there's so much variety of story and style in that list tells me that I've done what I hoped to do, which is to offer a similar-but-unique option to readers who love these authors...

Reunion was such a pleasure to write because it let me imagine in detail what it would be like to be a world-famous talk-show host. Celebrity life has always fascinated me—at first because my early years were pretty rocky and the glamorous life looked so enticing, and then later because I knew there was so much going on behind the facade these otherwise-very-human people build to shield themselves from the hungry media and rabid fans. The choices my main character, Blue Reynolds, makes, and the consequences of those choices, are amplified by her fame. Yet she is as vulnerable as you or I—more vulnerable, really, because she lives her life inside a kind of bubble of attention and notoriety. Everything she does, including an attempt to reconcile with an old love, including her search for the child she gave up for adoption two decades earlier, including being attracted to her old love's adult son, is potentially fuel for the media's fire."
(- excerpt from Therese Fowler's interview)


18 comments:

  1. Wow, a whole person on the cover! I'm impressed. This half a person thing is starting to make me crazy. I have seen more covers that I could do another whole post with twice as many books as the last time. Sheeesh! This one sounds good too. Do you have it? or is it just on the wish list? I think I'll add it to my list. it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover makes me want to go to the beach, especially if it's warm there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover! sounds like an interesting book, too.

    And lol, Kaye, about the whole person on the cover. I hear ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My book club read Fowler's first novel and unfortunately were not impressed. The cover of her new book is very nice, you will have to let me know if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh... take me away...yes.. that cover always does it for me! Man oh man... I think of a nice beach setting a best girl friend, books ...awh..okay back to reality.... I too am a sucker for a good book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this cover makes me want to take a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover - I love beach covers and this book is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great cover. Reminds me of warm summer breezes. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cover looks so inviting -- I bet there are books in that beach bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is my dream trip to the beach. And we had snow yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kaye, I've noticed that about covers that show only parts of people too. Sometimes I like it if it works. Sometimes it's just creepy. I didn't notice just how prevalent they were until you mentioned it on your blog. I've got a bunch to use for a future post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw this book somewhere and was drawn to the cover and the story line. I agree with everyone else-it makes me want to go to the beach!
    *smiles*
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a beach fan, but now I want to go.

    Well, I am going in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I love the cover art you chose yesterday. There is a whole short story in that one scene. The cover says a whole lot. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like me in a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of you people that get to go on vacation for Easter Break are rubbing it in, aren't you? *heavy sigh* That's OK, somebody has to stay home and keep an eye on things. I really do hope you have a great time. Honest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the yellow dress. Yellow's among my favorite colors, so I'm always attracted to covers that use the color well.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for posting a Cover Attraction this week. That cover so makes me want to go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!