Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, totally worn out and screaming,
"WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Thursday, April 16, 2009

She's Home!!!

,
My cousin went home from the hospital last night! YAHOO!!! I haven't talked to her yet but our aunt who flew out to help with the kids (for the third time) left a message with the wonderful news! Brain surgery on Monday, home on Wednesday. It was the same thing two years ago for her first surgery too. She said she was ready to go home. I know she was anxious and is tough as nails but I hope that's been the doctor's decision each time and not the insurance company's. She has a lot of follow up tests and appointments so we'll have to wait and see what that brings. This time it's going to work. I have to believe that. Thank you again for all of your kindness. You've made a tough time more bearable and it means the world to me and my family.

10 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news because she will be so much more comfortable at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news! They don't keep long in the hospital anymore but then you heal quicker and usually feel better surrounded by your own stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just terrific! Thanks so much for keeping us updated on her progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous news! Thank you so much for the update. You can tell your cousin there is a whole world of bloggers praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! Will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful news! She must be so glad to be home.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great news! I'm glad she's back at home.

    ~ Popin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I hope you keep coming back!